Author Topic: Does E-Arcade Accept HTML5 Games?  (Read 11939 times)

Davros

• Lunatic
    • View Profile
Does E-Arcade Accept HTML5 Games?
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:13:57 pm »
I was very happy to find this available since I am looking to make a small arcade for my site.

I make games with Construct2, a game making program that exports HTML5 games (find it at scirra.com if interested).

Does this arcade accept HTML5 games?

I'd love to find a system where I can host 12 to 15 of my own custom games with a log in system and leaderboard.

Is E-Arcade up to this?

I'd be willing to commission any work needed to make it accept the games C2 exports, so maybe that will inspire you to look into it and at the same time provide a way to get a lot of new games for E-Arcade!

Hoping this project is still viable and that we can help each other out making it better.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

GerardRi

• View Profile
Re: Does E-Arcade Accept HTML5 Games?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 01:35:55 pm »
I was very happy to find electric log splitters available since I am looking to make a small arcade for my site.

I make games with Construct2, a game making program that exports HTML5 games (find it at scirra.com if interested).

Does this arcade accept HTML5 games?

I'd love to find a system where I can host 12 to 15 of my own custom games with a log in system and leaderboard.

Is E-Arcade up to this?

I'd be willing to commission any work needed to make it accept the games C2 exports, so maybe that will inspire you to look into it and at the same time provide a way to get a lot of new games for E-Arcade!

Hoping this project is still viable and that we can help each other out making it better.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Have you already done something similar to what you're proposing, Davros?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 12:02:12 pm by GerardRi »

Davros

• Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 11:05:17 am »
I did this many years ago on the old smf arcade with flash games I made.  I just decompiled one and built my games around it's save features.

PHP is a nightmare for my dyslexic old brain and to do it again, with my current toolset and tired old brain, I am going to need help.

I'm on to something here: https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=forum

That seems to be the new home for smf arcade and found some HTML5 games that work in the arcade to try and learn from - but life is getting in the way...

Once I get just 1 game working - the rest will follow.

Sadly, Construct 2 uses an odd export structure and I am having trouble recruiting help, even in the C2 forums!

E-Arcade

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 04:38:19 am »
That might be a better option at https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=forum

I stopped on work on this addon after having an issue getting it approved on the SMF site. That combined with flash being phased out. HTML5 i briefly looked into but could not find a good source of games.

Davros

• Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:19:57 am »
Thanks for the reply!

If you need html5 games, this Construct program is wonderful!

I've made many games and found tutorials and templates for many others.

And there is a free version to test it out if you are interested.

I just can't figure out how to make it talk to smf databases - php has always been a weak point for me.  Can't even make my own database with MySql and have it work correctly  :(